An update from Heather Lawrence - Assistant Principal
Last week we saw our first academy-wide student election of student Captains. The candidates shared their ideas in assemblies for how they will conduct student voice meetings, how they will support younger students with their learning and inspire house competitions.
This was an opportune moment to explain the democratic process of voting to students as they cast their anonymous votes on ballot papers. The student candidates gave strong accounts of themselves in what was a rigorous interview process. We believe that the students chose well; the student captains will be strong ambassadors for the school and are looking forward to supporting their peers.
We are delighted to announce the following students have been elected as student captains for this year:
- Lyna Walteros Academy Captain
- Leonardo Zang Academy Captain
- Joao Villacis De Sousa House Captain (Apollo)
- Mohamed Al-Atabi House Captain (Athena)
- Leila Chady House Captain (Hera)
- Adam Ibrahim House Captain (Zeus)